Have questions or concerns? Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions:
- How do I know my dog will be safe? All of the dogs here for overnight boarding and doggie daycare are carefully pre-screened by experienced professionals. The dogs are then separated into appropriate playgroups based on both size and temperament. Lastly, the pups are constantly supervised by loving, caring, experienced dog handlers.
- Is the facility completely cage-free? The doggie daycare is cage free during the day and the dogs are crated overnight boarding. With all the stimulation and play during the day we have found that the dogs really enjoy some “me time” at the end of the day. The only exception to “cage free” during the day would be if a dog is very young or is boarding for an extended visit. In these cases we will usually give the dog a midday nap in a crate in our quiet room. Also, on rare occasion, a dog may become overstimulated and need a short timeout to “re-boot”.
- Is there someone there overnight? Although there is not someone here during overnight boarding the dogs are generally sound asleep before we leave the building. In the 17 years we have been doing it this way we have never had an overnight issue.
- How many times a day are the dogs walked/Do you have outdoor space? Monster Mutt Doggie Daycare is an all indoor doggie playground. The dogs treat the facility like it is an indoor dog park. However we are very on top of keeping the place spotless and the facility is very clean and sanitary… we spot clean as needed and hose down every thing with veterinary grade disinfectant every night. Generally this does not affect their housebreaking. We do offer midday walks for those who want it.
- What happens if my dog gets injured or falls ill? This very rarely happens but, in the event that it does, you will be immediately notified and and we will seek out appropriate veterinary care if necessary.
- My dog has a sensitive stomach. Can I bring his special food? For dogs that are overnight boarding or get fed during the hours of doggie daycare we encourage all pups to bring their own food. It is easier on each dog’s system and makes them feel more comfortable.
- My dog needs medication. Can you administer it and is there an additional charge for that? We are happy to administer medication for no additional fee.
- My dog has a special blanket/bed/toy/bone that he really likes. Can I bring it for him? We have a full selection of bedding, bowls, toys, treats, etc. If you feel that there is something you’d like to bring from home during his dog boarding stay to make your pup more comfortable you are welcome to bring it. However, it is a little bit like summer camp here so things can be lost or damaged. Please don’t bring your dog’s very expensive bed, or favorite, irreplaceable toy, etc.
- My dog guards his food against other dogs. Can he still come? This is not a problem. All dogs are fed individually so there is no problem with guarding food.
- My dog guards toys. Can he still come? Yes. We do not keep toys loose in the pens with the dogs because many dogs share this issue. We do allow toys in their crates at night if you think that will make them more comfortable.